Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Finally! I finished another Miyavi translation! This time it's Kekkonshiki no Uta. Another masterpiece by the king of dorks - catchy, a lot of humor, but buried behind the laughter in each verse is a smattering of bitterness and hurt. Come on, we all know how he feels.

A note before we get to the lyrics: in some lines, Miyavi inserted a Japanese character that basically translates to "lol" or *laughs* in English. They only appear in the written lyrics, not in the sung version, but the song really wouldn't feel complete without them. Remember that concealed bitterness and hurt? You'll see what I mean. I'm leaving it out of the romaji though, simply because it's one of those things in Japanese that's meant to be experienced, not read aloud - and I can't just put the kanji because Blogger sucks that way. So it'll only be in the English version; sorry.

So without further ado, enjoy some Miyavi!

MIYAVI - KEKKONSHIKI NO UTA (THE WEDDING SONG)

Omedetou, kimi ni okuru tabidachi no uta wa
Arigatou, aishita kimi e no owakare no uta sa.

Moshi kondo umarekawatte mo
Chansu wa kuru ka na... nante
Hanamuko-kun, sono toki made shoubu wa oazuke sa.

Toki ni wa surechigau koto mo aru darou,
Kenka suru yoru mo sorya kuru darou.
Sore demo futari issho ni ireba
Samishiku wa nai deshou? nee

Omedetou, kimi ni okuru tabidachi no uta sa.
Arigatou, tomo ni sugoshita takusan no omoide yo.

Sorya kirei ni kimatteru deshou,
Boku no horeta hito da mono.
Oniai na no ga shaku ni sawaru kedo...
Honto, kirei da yo.

Kimi to no tanoshikatta omoide mo,
Kenka bakari shita nigai omoide mo,
Ima de wa kirei na sepia iro.
Namida ni ukabete sotto sayonara shiyou.

Mou tsutaeru koto wa dekinaku natchatta kedo,
Ima mo mune no oku ni shimatte aru yo.
Ano toki ienakatta I love you.

Itsu no hi mo wasurenaide,
Deatta hi no koto.
Kenka shita nara,
Omoidashite hatsu deito no koto.

Mou ichido iu yo, omedetou.

Virgin road
Sono saki ni tsuzuku michinori wa,
Wedding march futari ayumu no sa.
Nakayoku kenka shite
"Douzo oshiawase ni"
...uwaki shinai you ni.

PS: Itsuka umareru kimi no beibii ni yoroshiku ittoite okure.
Kuregure mo "ojisan" to wa yobasenai you ni.


In English:

The song of congratulations I send to you as you begin your journey
Is a song of parting to say thank you to you whom I loved.

If I could be born again,
I bet I would have my chance... just kidding (laughs)
Until that day, bridegroom, I'll take a rain check on our duel.

There will probably be times when you disagree,
And some nights you'll probably fight.
But as long as you're together
You'll never be lonely, right? Right?

Congratulations, this is the song I send to you.
Thanks for all the memories we had together.

Of course you look beautiful,
You're the one I fell in love with, you know (laughs)
It irritates me how well that suits you, but...
Really, you look beautiful.

All the happy memories I had with you,
And the painful memories where all we did was fight,
Now they're all a lovely sepia color.
I'll quietly bid you farewell with my tears.

I won't have a chance to say it anymore, but
It's still locked away deep in my heart.
What I couldn't tell you before - I love you.

No matter what, never forget
The day we first met.
If you two ever fight,
Just remember our first date (laughs)

I'll say it just one more time, congratulations.

Virgin road
The way before you now
Is the wedding march you will take together.
Have fights on good terms
"I hope you'll be happy"
...and hope he won't cheat on you (laughs)

PS: Give my regards to the baby you'll have someday.
And you'd better not let him call me "uncle".


No footnotes. This one was cake, and I actually like how it turned out. Thanks, MYV!

(disclaimer: this song belongs to Miyavi, not me. I only take credit for the romaji and translation. I'm just a fangirl trying to make J-music a little more accessible to Americans. No copyright infringement is intended. Please don't sue me - I have 4 years' worth of college to pay off. T_T)

posted by Becky at 3:45 AM


Comments: Post a Comment
about me__++
name// Becky Cottrill
birthdate// 6.23.1982
location// Ohio, USA
interests// J-music, J-drama, Japanese language, visual kei, fluffy things...
upcoming// refer to Taiji Project!
I'm always finding Japanese songs that I adore, but can't find English translations for. So I've made a hobby of translating such songs, and this is where I put them. Can't find the song you want? Send me the lyrics (kanji if possible, but romaji will do) and I'll see what I can do. But no promises, as I'm not exactly the most fluent Japanese speaker around. Also, PLEASE don't display any of these lyrics elsewhere unless you credit me. Just my name and a link back here would be great. Thanks!