Monday, February 07, 2005
More BLOOD translation news, I suppose... I've known this for a few weeks, but since Kiwamu finally made the official announcement (sort of), I'm making my own version of the announcement here for all my dear readers.

The 1st and 2nd period albums that BLOOD released last year have sold out, or are about to, so Kiwamu decided to re-release them as deluxe versions. The 1st period re-release will be similar to 1st Period BEST, except it will include Collector, Tsuioku (piano version), and Mebious' Loop, and some of the demo tracks from the BEST album will be left out. The 2nd period re-release, similarly, will have the same tracks as the European version of their self-titled 2nd period album, along with a few additional demo type tracks. So basically, between the 2 original albums and these 2 re-releases, the lyrics to every 1st and 2nd period song that BLOOD ever permitted the printing of lyrics for (and then some ^^) will be easily available. In English. Because as his official translator, Kiwamu has granted me the duty of providing the translations for ALL these songs, to be printed in the booklets of the re-releases.

He is aware that, though pretty much all of these songs have translations up on fansites already, not all of them are by me (Blood and Heaven for example). I made sure he knew that. >.> And he does still have Lauren's translations, which were the ones we saw printed in the European version albums released last summer. However, he feels it'd be simpler to include only my name in the lyrics booklets for the re-releases, rather than crediting 3 or 4 different people... so he asked me to send him all of them (and to check my versions against Lauren's since she knows Japanese better than me but isn't working for him anymore >>).

Soooo basically, in the coming few months, every single song BLOOD has ever released from all three periods, except a small handful of demos, will have official translations by me. And I'm guessing this trend will continue for as long as I'm their translator, so any foreseeable 3rd period releases will probably also go the same way. Kinda sad that those older translations floating around by Krystal and Tsukiori and Mad Eddy and all those others who posted them won't get as much credit anymore, though...

So all this means it's very unlikely that I'll ever be updating this site with BLOOD lyrics again. However, if the post below this one is any indication, I will go on translating other random Japanese songs. In fact, I have one by Okuda Tamio and one by Moriyama Naotarou sitting here on Blogger's servers as incomplete drafts waiting for me to get past some major roadblocks and post them as finished. So this blog may not be updated as frequently as it used to be... but it's not dead just yet. ^^

That's my announcement. Yeeeeah... I guess I've been BLOOD's one official translator for a couple months now. And with all the promotion they're doing for the Mexico tour in May (he asked me if I'd go there >_x *ahem*), as well as continued promotions in Europe, I'm doing looooootts more than just the members' corners every week. I'm actually busy on a regular basis now. o.o For example, right now I should be putting together the rest of these 18 sets of lyrics for the two re-releases... yes, 18 songs... that's counting the ones that are already translated but need editing, but not counting the ones that have no lyrics. Or the ones he won't release lyrics for. Yes, Kiwamu is unable to print lyrics for certain songs due to "circumstances of the artist"... even though the song was ENTIRELY written by him. *snort*

But I love my job. :D Even if it pays in merchandise instead of money. >>

posted by Becky at 1:33 AM


Comments: Post a Comment
about me__++
name// Becky Cottrill
birthdate// 6.23.1982
location// Ohio, USA
interests// J-music, J-drama, Japanese language, visual kei, fluffy things...
upcoming// refer to Taiji Project!
I'm always finding Japanese songs that I adore, but can't find English translations for. So I've made a hobby of translating such songs, and this is where I put them. Can't find the song you want? Send me the lyrics (kanji if possible, but romaji will do) and I'll see what I can do. But no promises, as I'm not exactly the most fluent Japanese speaker around. Also, PLEASE don't display any of these lyrics elsewhere unless you credit me. Just my name and a link back here would be great. Thanks!