Monday, January 17, 2005
*Edited Jan. 22*

Change of plans! :D

I just got home from Ohayocon, and while there I managed to find a copy of BLOOD's Morphine/Collector single at the Jpophouse booth. So at last I have the lyrics to Collector, the one BLOOD song that has no translation floating around on the net anywhere, including this blog until now. ^___^ *isn't saying a word about Tsuioku >>*

My favorite part of Collector is the bass line during the regular verses. Wow. *_* Kaede is now easily among the most talented bassists I've ever heard. Anyway, other than that... it's an upbeat song, fairly rough and driving in some places but smooth in others. And I have no prior knowledge of the lyrics as I haven't listened to it as many times as BLOOD's other songs, and when I do listen to it I tend to sort of tune out everything but the bass line... cause wow... *has a thing for bass* But yeah... so I'm interested in seeing what's going on in this one. So here we go:

BLOOD - COLLECTOR

Ishiki no nai anata ni watashi wa ima naifu o tsukitateta
Afurederu makka na ekitai abi kairaku kanjite

Shiroi beddo akai chi de motto akaku somete
Watashi wa anata o mite emi o ukabete tanoshisou ni

Horumarin ni tsukerareta anata wa mou watashi no shoyuubutsu
Kawaru koto no nai sugata ni sareta ima watashi ga shihaisha

Karada saki atama otoshi motto motto chimidoro ni
Watashi wa anata o mite emi o ukabete tanoshisou ni

Ikutsu mo no bin ni tsumerareta anata o omoi
Yorokobi michi afureta watashi no kokoro wa kuruihajimeteiru

Kurutta watashi no nou mizukara hikisaite
Kyouki ni michita kokoro
Yoru no yami no you ni somaritsuzuketeiku

Kurui hajimeteiru...

Somaritsuzuketeiku...


In English:

I've pierced your unconscious body with a knife
Bathing in the crimson fluid that pours out, I feel pleasure

Staining the white bed with red blood
I look upon you and smile joyfully

You, soaked in formalin, are now my possession
Now becoming a form that will never change, I am your master

Body torn apart, head fallen, growing more and more bloodstained
I look upon you and smile joyfully

I think about you, packed away in so many bottles
Pleased, full and overflowing, my heart has begun to go mad [1]

Frantic, I tear apart my own brain
My heart is filled with madness
I'll go on staining it as dark as the night

Frantic, I've begun... [2]
I'll go on staining...


O_o Niiiice messy song... also, blast Dai for always wording things weird! >.< [1 and 2] *takes breath* Ok... basically "kurui hajimeteiru" could potentially be read as one word or two. And Dai used different kanji for each occurrence of "hajimeteiru" here, and the kanji in [1] is more commonly used in compounds while the kanji in [2] is more often used alone. Hence I romanized them as "kuruihajimeteiru" and "kurui hajimeteiru" respectively, and translated them accordingly. And I could easily be wrong on both, because they both sound weird. >_< *shakes fist at Dai* Also, no, I'm not sure what it is he's staining in those last few verses. Himself? His little pet? The bed?

Anyway... so that was a disturbing song. O.o And now that I know what Dai's actually saying in it I can tell that he's doing some really weird creepy things with his voice in it... it's like, all slimy sounding... *shivers and clings to Takeshi and Fu-ki*

(EDIT: ok, my bad. I just found out that these lyrics were NOT written by Dai. They were written by... *deep breath*... Kaede! X_X;;; Whyyyy did it have to be the cute sweet lovable one??? *whimper*)

(disclaimer: this song belongs to BLOOD, not me. I only take credit for the romanization and translation. I'm just a fangirl trying to make J-music a little more accessible to Americans. No copyright infringement is intended. Please don't sue me - I'm not a student anymore, but I'm still poor. T_T)

posted by Becky at 7:16 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
about me__++
name// Becky Cottrill
birthdate// 6.23.1982
location// Ohio, USA
interests// J-music, J-drama, Japanese language, visual kei, fluffy things...
upcoming// refer to Taiji Project!
I'm always finding Japanese songs that I adore, but can't find English translations for. So I've made a hobby of translating such songs, and this is where I put them. Can't find the song you want? Send me the lyrics (kanji if possible, but romaji will do) and I'll see what I can do. But no promises, as I'm not exactly the most fluent Japanese speaker around. Also, PLEASE don't display any of these lyrics elsewhere unless you credit me. Just my name and a link back here would be great. Thanks!