Thursday, September 02, 2004
*Edited October 1*

Some news: with the newly released BLOOD album, BLOOD: European ver., there is an insert which includes not only the lyrics to all the songs on the album, but also Kiwamu's (I assume... maybe Fu-ki's? he knows English) translations to all those songs. And since this album has pretty much the same tracks that BLOOD: International (the one I own) has, that means all the translations I did for that album have just been rendered null and void. Same goes for the newly released single BLIND: European ver. - I own the older, domestic version of the single. This means that the following songs translated by me and posted on this blog have been rendered null and void:

Byakuya
Oboro
Prayer
Heaven
Sakura
BLIND
#01
...and also Mitsu, the poem included in the BLIND single(s).

I thought #01 would be safe, since a different version of it was included on the European version and it didn't have that English line, but having just received said European CD today, I see I was wrong.

Soooo, those eight entries in this blog were ultimately a waste. XD

S'all good. I had fun doing them, I learned a lot, and I was quite amused to see just how similar his versions were to mine. Between all of those songs, only a few minor points were different in anything beyond just word choice or sentence structure. That means I didn't screw them up too bad. :D My favorite was BLOOD's translation of my favorite line in Prayer: "Can your frozen wings no longer fly?" Cause my version, from months before, was "Can those frozen wings no longer fly?" And there were no words in the original line AT ALL for "no longer" or "anymore" or anything like that. We both picked the same figurative translation. I'd almost think he 'borrowed' my translation and just changed one word (which, by the way, was 'sono' - which more literally means those, not your XD). *snicker*

So yeah... just thought I'd announce that. But fear not - unless BLOOD starts including English translations with ALL the albums they release from now on, I'll continue to translate their songs. And if they do end up doing that, there's still plenty of other J-music out there that could use translating.

That said, continue scrolling down and enjoy my translation of 2nd period BLOOD's demo-only song, With You. ^_^v

posted by Becky at 1:54 AM


Comments: Post a Comment
about me__++
name// Becky Cottrill
birthdate// 6.23.1982
location// Ohio, USA
interests// J-music, J-drama, Japanese language, visual kei, fluffy things...
upcoming// refer to Taiji Project!
I'm always finding Japanese songs that I adore, but can't find English translations for. So I've made a hobby of translating such songs, and this is where I put them. Can't find the song you want? Send me the lyrics (kanji if possible, but romaji will do) and I'll see what I can do. But no promises, as I'm not exactly the most fluent Japanese speaker around. Also, PLEASE don't display any of these lyrics elsewhere unless you credit me. Just my name and a link back here would be great. Thanks!