Wednesday, August 18, 2004
*Last edited January 22*

Thanks to -jade-, I now claim ownership of the two 2nd period BLOOD demo tapes, Kuroki Chi no Zensoukyoku and Hyakuoku no Hikari to Senoku no Kage. Roughly translated, respectively, Black Blood Prelude and Ten Billion Lights and One Hundred Billion Shadows. And they made my day. ^__^

Kuroki Chi has 3 tracks, first of which being a demo version of Byakuya. I've already translated that one, but I now know why the lyrics sheet says the last line of the song is "kimi dake o itsumademo hanasanai" - that's the demo version. The complete version, which I translated months ago, just says "kimi dake o hanasanai." Yeah, I like when things finally become clear. :P The other 2 tracks are a demo version of Sweetest Disease, which is in English, and a short instrumental track called Rebirth.

Hyakuoku no Hikari also has 3 tracks - one is the demo version of Death Dies, which is in English, and another is Blame, a very interesting track which Kiwamu didn't give us lyrics for... once again, due to "circumstances of the artist." So that leaves me with one track to translate, and it's called With You. Kinda surprising song... the sound is a little more upbeat than the BLOOD stuff I'm used to, not just in terms of tempo but also in mood. It's almost cheerful. He even talks about a light of hope. O_o So yeah, it's different... fun to listen to though, and I look forward to figuring out how to sing along with it. :3

So here comes the romanization:

BLOOD - WITH YOU

Oozora ni maiagaru tori no you ni
Futari no omoi wa hitotsu ni naru
Ima wa tada sono egao mite itai dake dakara...

Kasuka na toki ni mi o yudane hashiritsuzukete kita kiseki
Tomadoi nayami kurushinde tsukamitotta

good luck to my self

Wazuka na kakuritsu no naka de omae to deaeta kiseki
Shizuka ni kawasu kiss no ato yokome ni utsutta namida

Kokoro no oku no mirai wa subete tozasarete iru wake ja nai!
Koko kara hajimereba ii! kibou no hikari ga mieru sa

Kono mune ni kizanda omoi no you ni
Tada tsuyoku omae o dakishimetai...
Omoi no mama kaze o kanji hikari no naka e with you...

Kokoro no oku no mirai wa subete tozasareteru wake ja nai!
Koko kara hajimereba ii! kibou no hikari ga mieru sa!

Kono mune ni kizanda omoi no you ni...
Tada tsuyoku omae o dakishimetai!
Omoi no mama kaze o kanji hikari no naka e with you...

Oozora ni maiagare tori no you ni
Futari no omoi wa hitotsu ni nareru sa! kanjiaeru!
Ima wa tada sono egao mite itai dake dakara...

In English:

Like a bird soaring into the heavens,
Your feelings and mine will become one
Because, right now, I only want to see your smiling face...

In times of weakness, I committed my body to this path I've kept running along
When I lost my way, felt worried, felt tormented, I took you by the hand [1]
good luck to my self

In the slightest of odds, the miracle by which I met you
In the silence after we kissed, a sidelong glance reflected your tears [2]

It's not as if the future in my innermost heart is completely closed!
If only we could start here! I can see the light of hope

Like these feelings carved into my heart
I just want to hold you, so tight...
With these thoughts unchanging, feeling the wind, into the light with you...

It's not as if the future in my innermost heart is completely closed!
If only we could start here! I can see the light of hope!

Like these feelings carved into my heart...
I just want to hold you, so tight!
With these thoughts unchanging, feeling the wind, into the light with you...

Soar into the heavens, like a bird
Your feelings and mine will become one! you'll see! [3]
Because, right now, I only want to see your smiling face...

See?? It's optomistic! *snicker*... sorry, I'm fascinated. :P This really is a fun song, as you can probably tell from the lyrics. Which, as usual, were a pain to put into English. >_> Why can't Japanese be the universal language??

Anyway...

[1] He doesn't actually say what he grabbed/took hold of. I had to assume. Also, I wanted to point out that in the Japanese, the first words of these three stanzas rhyme - kasuka, wazuka, shizuka. That's why I started those three lines with a prepositional phrase using 'in' - to keep that rhyming sense.

[2] You know how sometimes you can see black/white contrasts and stuff more clearly out of the corners of your eyes instead of when looking directly at something, especially when it's dark? Something about rod and/or cone positions in the human eye... it's why you sometimes see whitish glows and stuff in the black of night out of the corners of your eyes, but when you look right toward the glow's source, all you see is black. Creepy. Anyway, I think that's the intended meaning of this verse - after a kiss exchanged, when their faces were still kind of sidelong to each other, he saw her tears glinting through the corners of his eyes. But looking right at her, he couldn't see them. I think. I could be wrong. But I like the sound of it. :P

[3] Not entirely sure about this. I think 'kanjiaeru' means to come in contact or meet with with a feeling... but the 'aeru' part of it might mean both the people involved with do so at the same time. So I figure he's predicting that they'll both understand soon enough, hence "you'll see." I could be wrong. >.>

And as usual, I won't call this a finished product just yet. I'm very likely to come back later and find something that bugs me. But anyway, there you have it.

(disclaimer: this song belongs to BLOOD, not me. I only take credit for the romanization and translation. I'm just a fangirl trying to make J-music a little more accessible to Americans. No copyright infringement is intended. Please don't sue me - I'm not a student anymore, but I'm still poor. T_T)

posted by Becky at 5:08 PM


Comments: Post a Comment
about me__++
name// Becky Cottrill
birthdate// 6.23.1982
location// Ohio, USA
interests// J-music, J-drama, Japanese language, visual kei, fluffy things...
upcoming// refer to Taiji Project!
I'm always finding Japanese songs that I adore, but can't find English translations for. So I've made a hobby of translating such songs, and this is where I put them. Can't find the song you want? Send me the lyrics (kanji if possible, but romaji will do) and I'll see what I can do. But no promises, as I'm not exactly the most fluent Japanese speaker around. Also, PLEASE don't display any of these lyrics elsewhere unless you credit me. Just my name and a link back here would be great. Thanks!